Spray Tanning in Winchester at Sparx Beauty Salon
Bronzed and beautiful is a must when you choose a spray tanning treatment at Sparx Beauty Salon in Winchester.
With the scare of skin damage from UV and sunbeds, sunless spray tanning is the way forward. Gone are the days when fake tanning turned you orange! Men and women can now achieve the perfect shade with spray tanning – a quick and effective treatment that takes less than 30 minutes.
If you are looking for fantastic tanning services in Winchester, a full body spray tan at Sparx Beauty costs just £28 and we offer a luxurious range of Sienna X products to prepare, protect, prolong and enhance your tan for up to 10 days.
Top Tanning Services In Your Area
Frequently Asked Questions – Spray Tanning
How do I prepare for my spray tanning service at Sparx Beauty in Winchester?
- Wax at least 48 hours or shave at least 24 hours prior to application to ensure that your pores are closed and that you do not get the dotting effect!
- Exfoliate before treatment using a Sienna X Polishing Body Scrub to scrub away those dead skin cells and get your body in its best condition for your Sienna X Spray Tan!
- Apply Sienna X Body Balm the night before your spray tan treatment to ensure your skin is in its best hydration especially after hair removal or exfoliation. Remember to pay attention to those stubborn areas such as elbows, knees, hands and ankles.
- We recommend that you use Sienna X Oil Free products, so that they do not leave an oil barrier on your skin.
What should I do on the day of my spray tan?
- Avoid bath or shower gels that contain oils or moisturisers and try to leave at least 30 minutes between showering and having your spray tan.
- Ensure that you have removed any deodorant, moisturisers, perfume, make-up and jewellery.
- Avoid white or your best underwear as this will become marked. Your beauty therapist can provide disposable panties if you prefer.
What should I do after my Sienna X Spray Tan?
- Wear loose dark clothing and remember your flip flops!
- Avoid wearing a bra as the straps will cause rubbing and mark the tan.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your tan to stop smudges or streaking.
- Avoid excessive exercise as this will cause perspiring and will affect the result of the tan.
- Do not apply any moisturisers; make up, perfume or deodorants until you have showered after your Spray Tan treatment.
- Wait at least 6 hours before you shower and use a mild shower gel like Sienna X Balance Body Wash as this will be kind to your body and you can use this on your face. Always remember to pat dry – avoiding rubbing.
- Never exfoliate straight after a spray tan… wait for 7 days for a great looking spray tan.
- Always remember to use an oil-free moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated. The softer and more hydrated your skin, the longer your tan will last and the better it will look.
- Avoid sleeping on white or pale coloured sheets as your tan may leave marks.
- Do not use hair removal creams as they promote exfoliation and shorten the life of your Sienna X spray tan.
- Avoid sitting in the bath for long periods, as this will shorten the length of your tan.
How does spray tanning work?
Spray tanning is quick, safe and effective. Spray tanning uses an active ingredient called dihydroxyacetone or DHA to enhance the colour of your skin. This is achieved by the technician using a low-pressure spraying machine.
DHA is a colourless sugar-based product which interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to turn it a golden-brown colour. The solution that is sprayed onto your skin is a guide for the technician. The colour will develop over a period of 6-8 hours. You will then need to shower and this guide colour will wash off and you will be left with your golden tan.
Is it safe to have a spray tan?
All our ingredients are completely natural. The DHA is extracted from natural sugar cane and is recommended by the American FDA for safe tanning. If you are pregnant or concerned about skin allergies you may want to check with your GP before having your spray tan.
How long will my spray tan last?
The time varies from person to person but generally a tan will last between 5 – 10 days, dependant on your lifestyle. We advise to prepare the skin properly before the tan using oil free products and to moisturise well after the treatment. A sunless tan will fade gradually just like a real tan as the top layer of your skin naturally sheds its dead skin cells.
What will happen during my spray tanning treatment at Sparx Beauty in Winchester?
Your tan technician will offer you a patch test to check your skin for allergies or sensitivities, followed by a consultation. You will be asked to undress and be offered disposable underwear and asked to remove any jewellery.
Your spray tanning technician will apply a barrier cream to areas that do not need a tan, such as finger nails and toe nails. You will then be asked to stand in a tanning cubicle while a gentle stream of tanning lotion is carefully sprayed onto your face and body.
You can dress immediately after the treatment.
Do I have to remove all my clothes for a spray tan?
No, it is entirely up to you. We can provide disposable underwear or you can go topless or, alternatively, you can wear dark shorts or swimwear.
What shade will my tan be?
Your tanning expert at Sparx Beauty can talk to you about the shades available. These range from lightly bronzed to darker shades.
Will my spray tan be streaky or orange?
Gone are the days that fake tanning turned you an awful orange colour. We offer amazing Spray Tanning services in Winchester and will ensure that you get an even golden glow!