Getting Ready to Re-Open – What to Expect on Your Next Visit to Sparx Winchester Beauty Salon
Our clients’ safety and well being is always our top priority at Sparx. We’ve worked tirelessly to prepare our new salon central Winchester salon for the “new normal” whilst still being able to offer you a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
You can rest assured that the whole Sparx team are fully trained on the latest social distancing and hygiene rules and are working together to reassure you – as well as offering a first class beauty service of course!
The “New Normal at Sparx Beauty
You can still expect exactly the same outstanding service from your Sparx beautician, but you will see fewer clients when you arrive at the salon because of the need to maintain social distancing.
Our team will be wearing masks and gloves for everyone’s protection and fully understand that it is vital that they stay at home and self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms. Likewise, if you are experiencing any Coronavirus symptoms or know you have been exposed to the virus, please stay at home and contact us to reschedule your appointment, for everyone’s safety. We know this will be disappointing and we will try to accommodate you as soon as possible after the quarantine period.
We are asking all clients to wear a mask when you visit the salon, and you will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. If you don’t have a mask with you we will have some available for purchase on arrival. We have invested in lots of PPE for our team as well as making layout and procedure changes in the salon. Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
- We will contact you for an online consultation prior to your appointment so we can discuss your beauty concerns, have a catch up and reduce time spent in discussion during your appointment. You can book a video consultation with us at any time during lockdown – you don’t need to have an appointment lined up! Simply click here to find out more.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in Reception and in every treatment room.
- Your treatment room and all equipment used will have been fully sterilised before you arrive.
- You will be asked to keep your distance throughout the salon. Take a look at our image above to get an idea of what 2 metres looks like!
- There will be gaps between client appointments to allow time for cleaning and to maintain social distance.
- We will be using no towels except for pedicures.
- We will no longer be offering refreshments or magazines.
- Our assistants have been redeployed and will be assisting with salon disinfection processes, including door handles,treatment rooms, reception, card machines and toilet areas.
- We will still be selling retail products, so you can stock up on your favourites, but we ask that you do not touch the stock. One of our team members will be happy to help you.
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
We will keep this page updated when further guidance is given by the Government on safety requirements.
We will be keeping the same opening hours for now, but will only be working out of our new central Winchester salon for now. Colden Common remains closed.
Booking An Appointment
Phone lines are open for booking or you can book online.